Academic Council Chairman – A.I. Archakov (academician of RAS)
Vice-presidents – E.A. Ponomarenko (Ph.D.)
Scientific Secretary – E.A.Karpova (Ph.D.)
Academic Council includes 44 members (4 of them introduced)
Academic Council staff: academicians – 4, corresponding member – 3, professors – 12, professors RAS – 2, doctors of science – 13, candidated of science – 9.
Academic Council is a deliberative body of Institute’s self-government. The functions are as follows (according to Regulations):
- examination of scientific and organizational activities mainstreams;
- examination and approval of annual reports, Institute’s researches plans, SBIR perspective plans;
- examination of questions on Institute’s economic activity;
- examination of questions on scientific manpower, replacement of vacant positions;
- approval of candidate’s and doctoral thesis’s themes, their progress analysis;
- analyzing of Institute’s structure and members of staff list, making changes;
- nomination of researches, discoveries, inventions for the nominal and governmental awards;
- nomination and support of candidates full members (academicians) and corresponding members of Russian Academy of Medical Science, RussianAcademy of Sciences and other academies;
- other questions examination concerning scientific, organizational and economical Institute’s activities;
- Institute’s Regulations examination including adds-in and making changes.